NQCL places safety ahead of achieving any of its other goals. Commitment to safety extends to customers and the public. The Company will provide effective safety training including health-awareness, education and support.
National Quarries Company Ltd (NQCL) is ISO 9001: 2008 certified and ISO 14001: 2004 certified.
A Quality Management System (QMS) has been established and implemented. This system defines Quality in terms of the satisfaction of the needs and specifications of both internal and external customers, and is designed to consistently satisfy their requirements by identifying and managing all factors affecting Quality.
The following is the company’s Policies which establishes the broad framework within which the Quality Management System (QMS) is designed and managed.
Health and Safety Policy
National Quarries Company Limited (NQCL) is committed to being the leading regional player in the Construction Industry, providing quality aggregate products to international specifications and standards. Our mission is to create a competitive, profitable, customerbased, employee-driven organization, by providing first class products in a safe and efficient manner. To achieve this, we must therefore protect the health and safety of our employees, clients/customers, associates and the communities in which we operate.
NQCL places the safety of its personnel ahead of achieving any of its other goals. Our commitment to safety extends to customers and the public.
As a result the Company will:
1. Establish a health and safety management system that identifies and mitigates occupational hazards and negative environmental impacts associated with our operations, thereby eliminating or reducing exposures/risks to personnel.
2. Adhere to all health and safety laws and regulations, which may be applicable to our operations, by developing Policies, Procedures and Programs to achieve compliance and a system to correct deficiencies.
3. Identify roles and responsibilities for all personnel and provide relevant information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to enable them to perform their work in a
manner that is safe and without risk to health or safety.
4. Control and reduce personnel exposure to all known or potential occupational health and safety risks by maintaining all plant and equipment in a safe condition and by providing appropriate safe-work systems and procedures, so far as is reasonably practicable.
5. Ensure continuous improvement of our work processes and operations by monitoring compliance with external regulations and our internal standards and also by maintaining levels of performance that are comparable to industry leaders.
6. Reduce the environmental impacts of our operations by incorporating pollution prevention, pollution control, environmental conservation measures and strategies into our business practices.
7. Prepare for and respond to emergencies in a timely and effective manner.
8. Ensure all personnel comply with all health and safety goals and objectives.
The effectiveness of this Health & Safety Policy Manual will depend on the efforts of all personnel associated with the company. It requires the attention and co-operation of all since safety is the business of everyone.
National Quarries Company Limited is committed to being environmentally responsible in the conduct of its operations in the mining processing, marketing and sale of aggregate.
We will therefore:
1. Implement and maintain an Environmental management System that is certified to the ISO 14001-2004 Standard.
2. Consider the environmental impacts of our activities at the planning stage.
3. Execute our work in a manner that prevents pollution and minimizes or eliminates negative environmental impacts as far as is reasonably practicable.
4. Work towards compliance with relevant environmental legislation and other environmental requirements to which we subscribe.
5. Regularly review our Environmental Management System to identify and implement actions to continually improve its effectiveness.
6. Set and regularly review environmental objectives and targets consistent with the intent of our Environmental Policy.
National Quarries is committed to being a Leading Company in the
supply of Construction Materials in Trinidad and Tobago and the Region. Our organization places strategic focus on the following :
We will endeavour to consistently satisfy our customers by meeting their specifications and reasonable expectations.
We will ensure the continual improvement of our operations by identification and analysis of our processes; providing employees with the necessary tools, equipment and training to effectively do their jobs; regularly setting improvement objectives and working to achieve them.
Safety and Environmental Protection
We will work to ensure that our operations are safe for our employees and the community at large and that the environment is protected.
Maintenance of Standards
We will maintain a Quality Management System that is certified to the ISO 9001-2008 Standard.
© Copyright 2017 . National Quarries Company Limited.